Do you need a revival? Do you ever feel like your marriage is dying? Do you feel like it’s way past dead? Or maybe you’ve simply lost the spark you once had.
Turning to the scriptures, I read Ezekiel 37:1-14, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is sovereign. He holds the power of life and death in His hands. Nothing is too difficult for Him.
God gives Ezekiel a vision. He is sent down to the valley full of bones. The Bible refers to them as “dry bones.” In other words, they were way past dead.
Right there and then, God asked Ezekiel, “Can these bones live?”
His answer? “Oh Lord God, thou knowest.”
Are you ready to say the same thing? Can your marriage survive? Could it come back to life?
The vision goes on to show him how they came to life. They rose to their feet. They were an exceeding great army.
I get goosebumps when I read this. I want to stand up and shout “hallelujah,” but my family’s in bed, so I’m keeping it down and typing as fast as I can.
Listen to this:
“And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, and shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.” Ezekiel 37:13-14
God specializes in miracles. He replaces the stench of death with life. He gives hope where all hope is lost.
He wants to breath life into His people. And yes, that includes your marriage.
1 Peter 3 talks about husbands and wives. Peters instructs men to honor their wives, and reminds women that our lifestyle can have a great impact on our husbands. Day after day we have an opportunity to build up our husbands, to draw them closer to God, and to win them over.
Living well is counter-culture. It’s not easy, especially when you have a spouse that’s emotionally disconnected. Winning our husbands over might cost us a lot, but I know that it’s worth it. I’ve seen the glorious resurrection of a transformed marriage. I’ve seen dry bones come to life. I’ve felt the power of God at work in my heart.
I have a husband that was willing to fight when the going got tough. I have a man that stuck with me for better or worse. I have a husband that drew me closer to God than I ever imagined was possible.
Maybe you don’t. But maybe God’s calling you to be that person.
Can these bones live?
Oh, Lord God, thou knowest.
Finally let’s look at ten practical ways to start winning our husbands over.
1. Don’t compare him to other men. He’s uniquely created.
2. Don’t try to fix him. Fixing is God’s job. Loving is ours.
3. Pray for him daily. God is able to do more than you could ever do on your own. Remember, prayer is not a last resort–it’s a vital part of your marriage.
4. Grow spiritually. Focus on your relationship with God. Let Him transform you into the wife you were created to be.
5. Pursue him like you did when you met him. What did you do to win his heart? How are you different?
6. Encourage him often. Even if you don’t think he has merit, start looking for some.
7. Take care of your home. Put a little effort into making your home comfortable.
8. Don’t flirt with other men. Draw boundaries that you’d both be comfortable with.
9. Out serve him. Give more than you’re given. Forgive before you’re forgiven.
10. Kick your attitude up a notch. If you have a bad attitude or a mediocre one, work on improving it. Be kind, positive, gentle, compassionate, and patient.
You are loved by an almighty God,
The Time-Warp Wife
Let’s get connected:
Available now on Amazon!