1. That we would draw closer to God.
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. ~ James 4:8, NIV
2. That our marriage would be a testimony of our faith.
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ~ 1 Timothy 4:12, NIV
3. That we would fulfill the responsibilities given to each of us as husband and wife.
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. ~ Luke 12:48b, NIV
4. That we would be content with little or with much.
For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. ~ 1 Timothy 6:7-8, NIV
5. That we will run to God in times of trouble.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” ~ Psalm 91:1&2, NIV
6. For good health.
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. ~ Proverbs 16:24, NIV
7. That we would stand strong against the pull of this world and the spiritual warfare that threatens our faith and our marriage.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. ~ Ephesians 6:10-12, NIV
8. That we would encourage each other with our words.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. ~ Ephesians 4:29, NIV
9. That we would be patient with each other.
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. ~ Ephesians 4:1-3, NIV
10. That God would put a hedge of protection around our marriage.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” ~ Psalm 91:1-2, NIV
You are loved by an almighty God,