If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been going to bed late all summer and sleeping in later too. Now that it’s back-to-school for so many of us, waking up early to get the kids ready for school is going to be tough. Waking up joyful will be an even a greater challenge, but with a little determination we can do it!
Here are twelve ways to wake up joyful and refreshed:
- Cut back on the caffeine the night before so you get quality sleep. Avoid coffee, cola, and chocolate.
- Go to bed early the night before. Even if you don’t feel tired, your body will get used to the time that you set it to.
- Train your body to get used to a sleeping schedule. The average person needs six to seven hours of sleep each night, but more importantly, our bodies crave routine!
- Clean the kitchen the night before so that it’s a welcoming site in the morning.
- Don’t got to bed angry or irritated. If you are quarreling with your spouse, work it out before hitting the sack. If you are angry with a co-worker or friend, let go of the anger and hurt. Don’t let it fester overnight.
- Don’t overeat the night before or your stomach will be at work all night.
- Wake up as soon as the alarm rings. I know this is a tough one, but you can get into the habit of doing it if you practice enough. Sit up immediately, then stand. Don’t hit the snooze button or you’ll only form a habit that’s hard to break.
- Greet your family with a smile and say something encouraging.
- Start the day with prayer and scripture.
- Make a schedule for the day including things that you will look forward to, or check your shedule if you make it the night before.
- Get moving as soon as you can. Rather than reclining on the couch watching the news with your morning coffee, throw some laundry in, do some vacuuming, or go for a brisk walk. A little exercise will kick start your day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Studies show that children who eat a good breakfast get better grades. My own personal studies (based on a survey of one person) show that moms who eat a good breakfast do quality housework and are less cranky throughout the day! 🙂
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.~ Psalm 5:3, KJV
You are loved by an almighty God,
Visit Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here
If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife
Check out my book, The Good Wife’s Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet