My heart is a scrapbook, each day a new page adorned with memories of time well spent together. Love is the ink that flows through each page marking the places we’ve been and the people we’ve seen. Finger printed pages remind me of the gentle way this man has touched my heart. The beautiful man that I married. The beautiful man that I wake up to each day.
I was sitting here tonight thinking of the past 25 years and the countless ways that I’ve spent time with Michael. Some days our dates were planned, other days they seemed to unfold on their own. You never realize how many special moments you’ve shared until you pause to look back.
I couldn’t begin to count them all, but I will share 25. Most of them are seemingly insignificant, and you’ve probably done many of them yourself, if not all. But never the less–they’re an experience that I think every couple would enjoy, at least once.
Having children of course would be at the top of my list, but for some couples infertility is a struggle. So yeah–I haven’t forgotten that one. I’ve left many things out of course, these are simply a few that have stood out to me most–a few of my favourite memories thus far…
1. Star gazing in the middle of the night.
2. Going on a long road trip.
3. Having a picnic on the beach.
4. Riding in a convertible.
5. Hiking in the mountains.
6. Walking in the desert.
7. Decorating the house.
8. Planting a garden.
9. Dreaming about the future.
10. Reading a book together.
11. Watching fireworks.
12. Lighting candles during a power failure.
13. Watching a thunder storm.
15. Hosting a Bible study
16. Building a fire outside.
17. Walking together in the pouring rain.
18. Cuddling in front of a fire (inside)
19. Exchanging love letters.
20. Going for a canoe ride.
21. Flying in an airplane. (I know this is a biggie, but it’s an experience I hope you can try at least once)
22. Laughing until your bellies hurt.
23. Slow dancing at home.
24. Enjoying a concert in the park.
25. Planting a tree.
Subscribers, click through to the blog to comment.
You are loved by an almighty God,
The Time-Warp Wife
Check out my book, available in both print and digital format: The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centered Wife: 18 Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth