This post is a little self serving since I’m about to give you six reasons why you should pick up my book. But hey, it’s my blog so nobody else has the password to delete this, right? *wink*
But seriously, I know that there are a lot of new readers here who don’t know much about the book and there are some of you older readers who might be looking for a good reason to pick it up.
So here goes… 6 reasons why you should pick up a copy of The Good Wife’s Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet today!
6. It’s currently in the number 2 spot at Amazon for it’s category! Thanks to all of you, it’s been back and forth landing at the number one spot for months.
5. It’s only $2.99 for the eBook. That’s about the same price as a hamburger, but the book lasts longer and doesn’t go to your hips! (And for those who want a paperback copy, I have that too.)
4. It has consistently held the top rated spot in it’s category at Amazon due to its favorable reviews–54 five-star reviews! Woohoo!!
3. The foreword is written by best-selling author and actress, Candace Cameron Bure. Candace and I worked together on her last book Reshaping it All. On this project she does an awesome job introducing my book. Thanks, Candace!
2. It’s jam packed with cleaning tips and schedules. In fact the entire second half of the book is dedicated to housekeeping.
1. And the number one reason why you should pick up a copy of The Good Wife’s Guide… (where’s a drumroll when you need it?) is because it’s full of scripture. I love scripture more than I love potato chips, which by the way is a LOT. I can’t imagine writing a book that wasn’t backed by scripture. This one is no different–it will both encourage you and sharpen you in your walk with the Lord.
Want to know where you can get this book? Want more details? Click here to visit the book page.
What they’re saying on Amazon…
5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely what I needed in my life,
I felt something was missing in my life. I tried to be a good wife and a good christian. This book helps bring it all together for me! This is an amazing book that I will always have on hand! I now cant go a day without checking out her blog. I thank you for writing this book ( and so does my family)!! You have helped me so much!
5.0 out of 5 stars I now know how to be a Good wife & I’m excited about it!,
I’ve been married only two years, but this is the first book that has ever really taught me how to be a good wife. It has also brought me closer to God. This book has changed my life and it has already strengthend my marriage. I was sad when I finished the book. I hope Darlene and Candace continue to write more books. Your words help and teach more than you can imagine. I loved the way you clarified the scriptures, and how you put them into words that I can understand. You really defined the role of a wife and made me eager to care for my hubby. Already, our marriage (and house!) is stronger, cleaner and more beautiful as each day passes. My hubby says he has seen a change in me since reading this book and is delighted! He can’t keep his paws off me now! 🙂
I thought the strength of this e-book was in the detailed cleaning list. I suggest for people who really have no clue how to clean their house. Her section on cleaning the bathroom was cool! She goes step by step.
Shortly after I joined the ranks of stay-at-home-momdom, I realized there was still a lot I didn’t know, even though I’d been a mom for quite a few years. Enter, The Good Wife’s Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet (By Darlene Schacht); this book really gave me wise and practical counsel during those early days back at home.
Darlene breaks down the heart work involved with caring for your family as a woman of God (the whys) and then the hard work (the hows). In the first section, Darlene is quick to identify with readers, sharing her own challenges as unnatural housekeeper turned domestic diva only by God’s grace. She’s extremely relatable and candid in her writing; many parts of her book read like a heart-to-heart with a good friend. The second section is a practical guide for keeping house. As someone who’s also domestically challenged (and has been known to have more clothes on the floor than in drawers) this is just what I needed to direct my actions. She provides many lists for chores, frugality, upkeep, and simplifying homemaking. I would buy and recommend the book for this section alone.
You are loved by an almighty God,
Visit Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here
If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife