A few weeks ago I released the eBook version of my book, The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centered Wife: 18 Powerful Lessons for Personal Growth. And just two days ago… drum roll please… the printed version came out!!
Yes–they are hot off the press, and I have one sitting right here. It’s beautiful! There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hand and highlighting your favorite passages, is there? The question I want to address today is Why should you pick one up? If you’re anything like me, you probably have a boatload of books kicking around so how is this any different? I have a good answer to that question–in fact I have six!
1. This isn’t your average marriage book. This book is designed to encourage you toward a Christ-centered marriage, and there’s nothing average about that. With a particular focus on transformation, the journey must begin in the heart before you can pour it out on your marriage. Every step is a gift you can bring to your marriage.
★★★★★ “Amazingly Brilliant” By Tonya Speelman (Hoarder of Books)
With Darlene’s style of writing, you read and re-read it, possibly stopping to pen notes, pray and sometimes cry a bit. Darlene gives bits of herself, leaving her open and vulnerable.
2. It’s Perfect for personal study or with a small group. Because the book is divided into 18 lessons it serves as a great mini-course for anyone who is looking to be encouraged. The chapters are small enough to tackle each day, but if you want to dig deeper, you might choose two/week.
★★★★★ “Page turner from the first page!!” By Nena M. Holt
I love this book because it is very logically laid out, easy to understand, and great real life examples. I loved the questions at the end of each chapter and the way the Bible verses are intertwined into each virtue… This would be awesome alone or with a group. I highly recommend the book and am glad I read it.
3. You’ll be greatly encouraged. Have you ever gotten to the end of a book only to find that you’re feeling discouraged? I have a few times. And some of those books I haven’t even finished because I was too bored to get through them.
One thing about me is that I’m not perfect. I’m a woman who’s growing in grace like everyone else. I don’t have it all together, and I don’t expect my readers too either. BUT the encouraging side to all of this is that we serve a God who is perfect in every way. It’s only by His grace and through His grace that I write. I pray that I never forget that. My goal is to share the good news of God’s loving kindness and grace while encouraging you to grow in His Word. It’s an exciting journey that’s worth writing about!
★★★★★ “An author who truly cares about encouraging her readers” By Mama T
I was so excited to read this book and it did NOT disappoint! My favorite part is that it is written in such a wonderfully personal way that you can truly feel Darlene’s heart in each page. It is encouraging and supportive, with no judgement or condemnation, inspiring every Christian women to both reach deep inside and reach out to Christ to become the virtuous women He designed us all to be! This book is written for all of us, with our own individual struggles to give the boost we need, through God’s direction in His word, to fulfill the role He designed for us.
4. You’ll be challenged. It’s one thing to be encouraged–it’s another to also be challenged. I love reading scripture. It truly warms my heart to grow in the understanding of God’s grace. I see what He’s done and what He continues to do in my life. It’s incomparable. I also see that He’s calling each one of us toward a deeper walk of faith by which our lives are transformed and conformed according to His will. My goal is to challenge you toward a Christ-centered life.
★★★★★ “Powerful Lessons for the Christian Wife” Lisa Jacobson, Club31Women
This is such an encouraging and challenging book for any wife to pick up – whether she’s newly married or been married for many years. Darlene writes in such a warm and kind way, sharing personal stories that bring the lessons right to home. Yet she also pushes us to grow farther – without ever sounding “preachy” or condemning. She writes as a friend, speaking the truth in love.
5. It’s chock-full of scripture! I once had a publisher turn down a manuscript because there was too much scripture in my book. Ouch. That’s like telling me that my dinner’s too healthy. I can’t imagine writing a marriage book that doesn’t contain scripture. To me, the very purpose of marriage is to reflect the covenant of Jesus Christ and the church. Marriage is a beautiful union ordained by God.
Kirk Cameron once said, “God speaks with authority on every subject including marriage and his advice trumps Oprah’s every time.”
The Virtuous Life of a Christ-Centered Wife is laced with scripture. Examples from stories like The Good Samaritan, David and Abigail, Ruth and Naomi, and Paul’s journey at sea all help to illustrate God’s purpose for us.
★★★★★ “She Had Me at the Intro” By Mandy Pagano, Deliberate Women
Lindsey Hayes writes, I’m a follower of Christ. I am a Wife. I am a Mother. I am a chef, baker, and house maker. I am crafty. I am a lover of any project that requires power tools. I am a blogger and a writer. Most of all I am Resolved to take every single one of the above and use it to further the Kingdom of Heaven. I am a multitasking Wife and this is my Resolved Life.
Available both in Paperback and Kindle and PDF