Valentine’s Day is not for saying “I love you.”
It’s for saying, “I love us.”
Yesterday my husband surprised me with an arrangement of flowers (Gerber Daisies, my favorite!) But the truth is that Michael isn’t really the flowery type. In fact I’d probably be able to count on one hand the number of times he’s brought me flowers since we’ve been married. That’s just not his way of saying I love you.
Michael definitely has a knack for showing affection, don’t get me wrong. But he’s more likely to bring home a bouquet of iPhones than a bouquet of roses–that’s just his way.
There isn’t a day that goes by where he doesn’t show me and tell me how much he cares in a number of ways. It might be the way that he holds me close when we kiss by the sink, it might be in the love offering of ice cream with rich chocolate sauce, or it might be found in the quiet moment he takes out of his day to have “us” time–every word and action speaks his language of love.
So with that, I’ve decided to make a list of some of the ways he’s whispered “I love you” this past week:
1. He brought me ice cream with caramel and chocolate sauce.
2. He dealt with a problem at school so that I didn’t have to.
3. He made the children lunches on the morning that I was exhausted.
4. He played a game of Settlers with the kids so I could have time for my Ruth Bible Study.
5. He worked late on Wednesday night to provide for our family.
6. He called me just to say hello.
7. He bought me a dark chocolate bar with nuts on his way home.
8. He sat through an episode of Joy Behar so I could watch Candace Cameron Bure. (huge sacrifice for him–LOL!)
9. He took time out of his busy day to read my blog and encourage me.
10. He went to my parents house with me and, as always, embraces my family as his own.
Have a wonderful week, a wonderful Valentine’s Day, and celebrate the love that you have!
You are loved by an almighty God,
For comments or questions, contact me at:
If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply enter your email in the top left hand sidebar.